Magister Thesis, Eastern Christian Studies
This course aims to deepen the student’s ability to, independently, critically and systematically treat and handle a qualified problem or a qualified issue, in the form of a thesis, that can be counted within the research area of religious studies and theology.
At the end of the course the student is expected to:
- critically, creatively and systematically be able to identify, formulate and solve a qualified scholarly problem with relevance to the subject
- demonstrate significantly in-depth ability to choose and motivate an adequately theoretical and methodological approach based on a chosen problem
- be able to collect, evaluate, analyze and critically and creatively interpret complex material in accordance with scholarly practice, draw well-balanced conclusions, and critically discuss the meaning of the results
- demonstrate the ability to critically and creatively make assessments with regard to relevant scholarly, societal and ethical aspects
- be able to present their conclusions, the knowledge and the arguments on which they are based in a scholarly text that is well-structured, formally correct and linguistically clear
- have acquired the ability to carry out a qualified research task within given time frames and to evaluate this work
- be able to communicate and defend their thesis and function as an opponent in relation to another thesis defence, and contribute qualified views in scholarly discussions both in national and international contexts
- show insight into the possibilities and limitations of scholarly knowledge, and to identify the need for additional knowledge.
Reservation för revidering av litteraturen.
Literature will be assigned based on student individual approaches, types and scopes of thesis topics.
Schemat finns tillgängligt senast en månad innan kursen startar. Vi rekommenderar inte att du skriver ut schemat eftersom vissa ändringar kan ske.
BetygA = Framstående, B = Mycket bra, C = Bra, D = Tillfredsställande, E = Tillräcklig, Fx = Otillräcklig, komplettering möjlig, F = Otillräcklig
At least 30 credits in Theology in Second Cycle, whereof at least 7.5 credits in second cycle within the subject of the intended Magister degree.