Requirements for students

Attendance requirements

Due to the ongoing pandemic and the Public Health Agency’s recommendations 2020-10-29, from 30 October, all teaching will be conducted online until further notice. 

EHS applies mandatory attendance. The school’s educational profile is based on the close interaction between students, teachers and literature. The student must ensure that they make up for lost teaching time.

The attendance requirement of 80% applies. If the digital connection does not work, it counts as absence, regardless of cause. Therefore, make sure that all the necessary technology is working on your home computer.

Regarding lectures, with the approval of the teacher a student can be absent for up to 20% of lectures. The teacher has the right to ask those who have more than 20% absence to carry out extra tasks, to compensate for lost teaching. If the student has an absence level of 50% or more, the course is considered to be canceled, even if assessed assignments have been completed.

With regard to seminars / group exercises and other group teaching opportunities 100% attendance applies. Scheduled seminars / group exercises at EHS are mandatory. Preparation for these and active participation in them are counted as part of the assessment. The teacher in each course determines the type of preparation and participation required. In the case of any absence, the teacher has the right to request a supplementary assignment instead.

Study interruptions

If for some reason a student cannot continue with their studies they should report this immediately. Students on programs should report it to their study counsellors and students on stand-alone courses should report to

Study breaks

Program students may request study breaks, which are normally granted for a maximum of two years. Unless re-registration has been made by April 1 or October 1 (respectively) for courses beginning in the next study semester, the student is removed from the student register.

Continued studies

If a student has met the required prerequisites (check these carefully), they can begin new courses. It is possible to start new courses even if up to 15 credits remain outstanding from courses which have not been completed. If the number of points outstanding is greater than 15, it is incumbent on the student to contact the study guide for study planning. If a course is started without these requirements being met, the student risks being asked to leave the course.

Students on programs register themselves for courses to the study counsellors. The applications for stand-alone courses/online courses is made at

Sick, caring for children or close relatives

It is important to remember that if you have study funding, in order to keep your study funds in case of illness, you must make a sick report to the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) on the first day you are ill. CSN does not count the weeks you are ill and in receipt of study funding towards the total number of weeks you are allowed for study funding. Those weeks are also not counted when CSN assesses your study results. Even shorter periods of sickness can affect the assessment of your study results. It is therefore important that you always report to the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) when you are ill. Read also what happens when you take care of children or relatives: Read more on CSN’s website

There is no obligation to report sickness absence to EHS, but it is good that the teacher is notified of your absence and the reason for it. Teacher’s email addresses can be found under Contact. All teaching at EHS is compulsory.