FAQ for students


EHS applies mandatory attendance. The school’s educational profile is based on the close interaction between students, teachers and literature. The student must ensure that they make up for lost teaching time.

The attendance requirement of 80% applies. If the digital connection does not work, it counts as absence, regardless of cause. Therefore, make sure that all the necessary technology is working on your home computer.

For further information see the Requirements for students page.

Sound recording, photography and filming in teaching situations are allowed with the permission of the teacher. Please note that other students have a right to ask for the lecture not to be recorded. Any such recording must only be used for the student’s own private use.

You should look under the section Online Platforms where you will find a complete visual guide and contact details if you need help.

You should look under the section Online Platforms where you will find a complete visual guide and contact details if you need help.

The university employs a range of assessment methods. The details of these can be found under Assessment

If a student has met the required prerequisites (check these carefully), they can begin new courses. It is possible to start new courses even if up to 15 credits remain outstanding from courses which have not been completed. If the number of points outstanding is greater than 15, it is incumbent on the student to contact the study guide for study planning. If a course is started without these requirements being met, the student risks being asked to leave the course.

Certificates are issued through the LADOK platform. Application should be made to the respective department no later than the 15th May for the issue of certificates in the same academic year. See the section on Certificates for more details.

Campus Bromma

All students at UCS who want to stay in the premises when the front doors are locked must sign out an electronic tag that acts as a key. This key tag is issued for a small fee by the caretaker whose office is located in the administration corridor on the entrance level.

Lunch times and coupons
The restaurant is open 11.30-13.00. The cost of lunch is SEK 85 (85 Kronor). Food vouchers are sold in booklets of 10 for 700 SEK (700 Kronor).
Coffee is served in the restaurant in the mornings at 9.30-10.30 and afternoons 14.00-15.00.
Please note that the restaurant is closed when the folkhögskola has holidays: sportlov (spring break) påsklov (Easter break) höstlov (autumn break) etc. At these times teaching continues as normal here at EHS. You can easily stay up-to-date with their opening times via the restaurant’s facebook page

The common area and coffee room on the upper level
In the common area there are vending machines with coffee / tea and with soft drinks / sweets. Microwave ovens are available to warm food you have brought yourself. Please note that users of the common area and coffee room are responsible for washing dishes and putting away used plates and cups.

The student union room is on floor 2. Opening hours are shown on the door.
For more information, see Student Union.

A parking card (P-skiva) is valid at Enskilda University College parking in Bromma. You are allowed 2 hours. Parking permits for EHS students are valid weekdays from 8am to 6pm and can be obtained from the caretaker.

Parking in Södertälje is only possible in public parking areas and drivers are responsible for the payment of the necessary parking fees. It is usually possible to park in these spaces all day.

Corrected assignments will be placed in students’ post boxes. Program students have individual boxes grouped by year. Students on a free-standing course share boxes by groups listed in alphabetical order. Theology students have their mailboxes to the right of the stairs on floor 2. HRD (Human Rights and Democracy) students have their mailboxes outside room 220 on floor 2.

The administration corridor contains mailboxes for teachers and staff. Here, messages, PMs, home exams, etc. can be delivered to the UCS staff.

  • Noticeboard in the lower foyer: Up-to-date information and news about UCS. Not intended for general display.
  • The Student Union’s noticeboard to the left of the stairs, plan 2, is divided into several parts. One side is used by the students for, for example, the sale of literature and ads for accommodation, the other is for the theology groups.
  • The noticeboard to the right after the stairs on level 2 is reserved for information directed to the students of the theological program.
  • The bulletin board on floor 2 outside room 219 is for information directed to students of the Human Rights program.
  • The bulletin board outside the disabled toilet on level 2 is for general information for students.


State universities have accident insurance for their students via the Kammarkollegiet, but unfortunately, as an independent university, we cannot take out such insurance. So you as a student need to make sure that you have accident insurance so that you are protected in case of accidents.

In the first instance you should contact your teacher and let them know, and also the rector of your seminary if you are staying in one of the seminaries in Södertälje. Teacher’s email addresses can be found under Contact.

It is important to remember that if you have study funding, in order to keep your study funds in case of illness, you must make a sick report to the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) on the first day you are ill. CSN does not count the weeks you are ill and in receipt of study funding towards the total number of weeks you are allowed for study funding. Those weeks are also not counted when CSN assesses your study results. Even shorter periods of sickness can affect the assessment of your study results. It is therefore important that you always report to the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) when you are ill. Read also what happens when you take care of children or relatives: Read more on CSN’s website.

If for some reason a student cannot continue with their studies they should report this immediately. Students on programs should report it to their study counselors and students on stand-alone courses should report to kursadministrator@ehs.se.

Program students may request study breaks, which are normally granted for a maximum of two years. Unless re-registration has been made by April 1 or October 1 (respectively) for courses beginning in the next study semester, the student is removed from the student register.
Form Application for study breaks

UCS works to combat harassment and discrimination of all kinds and to promote the equal rights of students, regardless of gender, ethnic, religious or other beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
If, as a student, you feel that you have been subjected to abusive treatment, you should, if possible, first speak with the person(s) who acted against you or contact the student union. If this does not help, contact the Dean.

Find more information here: Procedure for dealing with harassment and discriminatory treatment

University College Stockholm processes personal data in accordance with Swedish law. When you have your personal data registered or otherwise processed, you are entitled to certain information. Read more here