Adapted campus teaching
Based on the risk assessment, the Presidents’s Collegium has decided on the following adaptations to our teaching for Autumn 2021. The decision stated here replaces previous decisions from June 2021.
At the Department of Human Rights and Democracy and the Department of Religious Studies and Theology, all courses will start online. If the current levels of infection and the recommendations from the health authorities allow all courses that in the course catalogue are described as ‘on campus’ teaching will gradually be transferred to campus from 1 October. Throughout the autumn term, it will be possible to follow all courses online.
At Campus Bromma, exceptions have already been given to some groups of no more than 8 people to meet on Campus. Further exceptions to groups of no more than 8 people can be granted by the Deputy Dean of each department, provided that infection control measures provide a safe and suitable working environment. These groups must also be available online to students who choose not to meet on campus.
At the Department of Eastern Chistian Studies, all teaching will start online, regardless of whether it is classed as an ‘on campus’ course or an online course. If the current levels of infection and the recommendations from the health authorities allow, all campus courses will be transferred to campus teaching from 1 October. At the Folkhögskola, courses will start 50% on campus and follow the folkhögskola guidelines.
At Campus Södertälje, the pastoral pedagogical seminary program will begin on campus.
If the Swedish Public Health Agency continues to impose restrictions this autumn, EHS will conform with these. Information about Covid regulations is published regularly here: https://www.ehs.se/om-högskolan/med-anledning-av-utbrottet-av-coronavirus
How to attend online?
EHS uses a website system called Canvas. Integrated into this are two video conferencing systems called Zoom and BigBlueButton. Through these, students can participate in lectures online.
- You must be able to connect with both a camera and microphone. Make sure everything works in good time.
- The link to the online classroom will be posted on the course website in Canvas.
- The attendance requirement of 80% applies. If the digital connection does not work, it counts as absence, regardless of cause. Therefore, make sure that all the necessary technology is working on your home computer.
- You participate in real time at the times that are scheduled, see ehs.se/student/scheman
- Teachers and students can see you via a screen in the classroom.
- You must concentrate during the lessons.You must be prepared to participate in discussions. The teacher will inform you how
How do I contact teachers?
The most convenient way to your teacher is via the course website in Canvas.
How do I contact the coordinator for educational support?
The coordinator Henrik Hannfors can be reached via 08-564 357 25 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Adaptation in connection with coffee and lunch
As a student at EHS, you have the opportunity to buy lunch, as well as morning and afternoon coffee at Restaurant Campus. The restaurant has been corona-adapted with a smaller number of seats than normal, and there are also distance markings on the floor in the event of a queue. You can also buy a lunch box in the restaurant and take it with you to eat elsewhere.
The furniture in the Space on the second floor of the EHS has been corona-adapted, as have all the halls at the university. There you can have coffee or have your own packed lunch. There are also outdoor tables where you can sit. Please leave the furniture where it is and do not move chairs to other tables.
The most important thing is that we all do everything to reduce the spread of infection:
- Always keep a distance of at least 1.5 meters from other people.
- Always wash and / or spray your hands when you get home, arrive in school, before a meal, after a toilet visit, etc.
- Stay home if you have even minor symptoms of illness.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth