Religious Educator/Malphono/Marigeta, Eastern Christian Studies,
The studies are full-time and take six years. The first year is at Sankt Ignatios theological academy in Södertälje. During this year you study
• Pastoral theology
• Practical liturgics (Syriac, Byzantine, Coptic, Tewahedo)
• Church languages, your own and Greek.
• Church history
• Sources of the faith: The apostolic scriptures (including the Bible), patristics, liturgics and ecclesiology.
You study together with others from various Orthodox traditions, but with good opportunities to focus on your own tradition.
From year two and onwards most courses will be facilitated at Stockholm School of Theology. Here you will take courses such as:
• Text, context and interpretation
• Philosophy, theology and mission in the history of the church
• The history of the Eastern and Oriental Churches
• Eastern and Oriental Christian liturgics and ecclesiology
While you take these academic courses, you will continue with your pastoral training at the community college as well as studying your church language. You can read more about the courses which are included in the programs at www.sanktignatios.org
There are also certain activities and courses scheduled during some weekends.
The studies require that you are qualified to study at university level. Sankt Ignatios is an international milieu and the lectures and the discussions take place both in Swedish and in English with support from students and teachers. The academic courses are taught in English.
Höstterminen startar med gemensamt upprop för alla som studerar på Sankt Ignatios den 22 august.
Established by Subject Representative College at Enskilda Högskolan Stockholm on January 26, 2016.